Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meet Ellen Kemper

Meet Veteran Rocker since 2007, Independent Demonstrator, and new VC Rocks List Mom, Ellen Kemper (in Texas).   You can find many of Ellen's creations on her blog at Blinkin', Thinkin' & Inkin'.   Warning by Ellen: my blog is primarily punch art and scrapbooking - don't look there for stamping ideas



What is your stamping story i.e. How did you become interested in rubber stamping and/or scrapbooking with Stampin’ Up! Products?
I had been a scrapbooker for many years with lots of paper and tools. I decided to make a birthday card for my Mother-in-Law and wound up beating my head against the wall trying to find pattern paper in my HUGE stash to match the "focal point" I had created.   Soon after that frustrating experience, I was invited by a friend to go with her to a Stamp Camp and when I saw the way SU products coordinated, I fell in love and placed a big order. Before the next big order, I signed up as a demo.



What was your first Stampin' Up stamp set?
I have no idea what my first SU stamp set was. I didn't get hooked on Stampin' Up! for the stamps - I love the paper and ink and ribbon and buttons and STUFF THAT COORDINATES. Stamps are just a happy side dish to me.


What is your favorite current Stampin’ Up! stamp set?
I seem to reach for Artistic Etchings even though it is not my usual style. I have recently become addicted to My Digital Studio and am playing with digital stamps. This is opening a whole new world to me. So much FUN!



What is your favorite current Stampin' Up color combo? Early Espresso and just about anything. Or maybe it is Soft Suede and Marina Mist? Oh gosh, it could be Real Red and Bashful Blue on Whisper White! Or then again, it might be...




Tell us a little about your stamping area or routine? I paper-craft in my former dining area, near the kitchen and open to the main area of our home. My family has learned to live with my mess. I love being where everyone congregates so it works great, as long as they stay off my throne (er, rolling chair).



What tips do you have for our Rookie Rockers (arriving May 1st)
Dear Rookies, don't stress if you can't keep up with the chatter - use your delete button as needed. And be very kind to the list mom - this is a new job for her.



Why do you recommend VC Rocks to other Stampers/ What is your FAVORITE part of VC Rocks?
The friendships are the best part of VC. I personally love the classes that are held in the late summer - even when I "think" I know how to do something, the teachers often share a tip or hint I didn't know.


5 comments:

  1. I'm a rookie and it's really nice that I get to know fellow Rockers. After reading this blog posting I feel I know you a little better. By the way I love your creative projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Ellen your punch are is so inspiring and those scrapbook pages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ellen! I knew you were the punch Queen, but the hippies and the bride are incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You so Rock Ellen! Besides all that she wrote she is funny , a computer wiz, kind and helpful and smart too! (kiss, kiss, kiss ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen! I absolutely love all your punch art, but you ARE a great scrapbooker too! Those pages are stunning. Thanks for stepping up as list Mom -- you are doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete