Meet Shari Dudek (in Michigan) - Manager of the "SALTY" floor of the VC Grand Hotel. Shari loves Johnny Depp and pirate things. The salty sea is where she wants to be, as long as she's with her Captain Jack! Shari is also half our our Official Convention Reporting Team, along with Carey Rogers (Roscoe's mom).
What is your stamping story i.e. How did you become interested in rubber stamping and/or scrapbooking with Stampin' Up! products? When I was teaching (K-2) I often used stamps instead of stickers on my kids' papers. I had two fishing tackle boxes full of stamps and thought that was an impressive collection (AAH HA HA HA!!!). Shortly after Kayla was born, I was invited to a SU! party. A couple months later, I signed up. That was in August of 2000. I do my 10-Year Walk this year!!! Wooo Hoooooooooooo!
Are you a current Stampin' Up! Demonstrator? Yes, I am! http://sharistamps.stampinup.net/
Are you a blogger and feature your stamping/scrapping creations on your blog? Yes, but it's pitiful. I only post about once a month, unless I'm doing one of Loni's Blog Hops. http://sharisstamppad.blogspot.com/
What was your first Stampin' Up stamp set? I ordered a big plaid background stamp at that party way back when.
What is your favorite current Stampin' Up! stamp set? Hmmm.... I was using Circle Circus a lot, but not recently. I tend to gravitate toward the bold, solid stamps. Paradise is a good one.
What is your favorite current Stampin' Up color combo? LOVE Cherry Cobbler with black, white, Crumb Cake, etc. Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette and Espresso is a nice one.
Tell us a little about your stamping area or routine? I am one of the lucky ones who has a dedicated stamp room in my basement. There are pics in our Photos. My routine is generally to clean up the last mess, make a new one, and leave it there until next time. LOL
What was your first year of VC Rocks? I'm fairly confident it was 2003. I'm thinking I heard of it via SUSisters. Then, like a ding-dong, I didn't do it the next year because I was going to the actual SU! convention, and I figured it'd be too much to handle. I missed VC so much! Now I'm always here, SLC or not! This is my third year as a mod on the group.
What tips do you have for our Rookie Rockers (arriving May 1st). Be prepared for A TON OF EMAIL. A couple hundred+ a day, sometimes. DO NOT BE ALARMED. Use your delete button. Don't be afraid to sign up for the hotel your first year. Join at least two swaps, but be aware of the due dates and don't get in over your head on them. Mostly, don't be afraid to ask questions! We love to help you learn the ropes. If you can get over the initial shock of all the emails and information overload, you will LOVE it here!
Why do you recommend VC Rocks to other Stampers/ What is your FAVORITE part of VC Rocks? I love the emails, late-night chats, the swaps, the hotel, my pool boy, our crazy imaginations, Spew Awards, online classes, and my friends! Everyone here is SO nice, generous, caring, friendly, and we all have hot size 4 bodies, besides. (I mentioned our imaginations, did I not?).



You ROCK Shari!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you Shari. These "get to meet" posts are very helpful in that, although this is virtual, these posts put some reality back into it.
ReplyDeleteHi Shari!! Glad to meet ya.
ReplyDeleteCarey and Roscoe
Who is this nut case and does she really have friends or just imaginary pirate boyfriends:)
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!!
Cyn
Ahoy Matey! You are R favorite Pirate Rocker! Don't forget to take lot's of Pics and give us daily doses of Convention Highlights!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Shari! Another awesome stamper and thanks for all the help you provide during VC Rocks. You Rock Lady!
ReplyDelete