Saturday, May 28, 2011
M&T: Sail Away
A Make and Take by Gwyn Crawford
Sail away stamp set
Daffodil delight, more mustard, tangerine tango, and real red classic ink for the sky Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, and Pacific Point for water. Versa mark, black emboss powder, emboss buddy, brayer, big shot, top note die. 3/4" circle punch & curly lable punch I did use retired ribbon and a retired stamp set but you can find current ribbon and stamp sets to use instead.
1. Cut out the top note using the big shot in whisper white
2. Using the embossing buddy all over the top not then stamp your image in versa mark and sprinkle black emboss powder all over and then finally use your heat tool to set it
3. Take a spare piece of paper and put it over the bottom of the sailboat, I tore mine to resemble water, then run your brayer in the Daffodil Delight and brayer, starting off the page, over the piece of paper and some on the top note. I go back and forth a couple of times.
4. Punch a 3/4" circle out of the sticky part of a post it note and place that on the top note, this will be your sun, keep the negative image because we will use that later.
5. Take your brayer and run it through the more mustard then run it on the top note covering some of the daffodil delight. Do this again and again going from lightest to darkest colors of ink.
6. Take your 3/4" sun off and take the negative image and put it over where your sun was. Take a sponge and sponge daffodil delight so it becomes a sun. Take your tangerine tango and sponge just the outer edges of the sun.
7. Repeat with the blues to create the water. Always starting from lightest to darkest inks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is awesome! I love brayering and the sailboat stamp!
ReplyDeleteLinda Rodenberg
www.prettyinky.blogspot.com
Oh WOW. This is fantastic. TFS.
ReplyDeleteCarey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
I saw Gwyn's card in person, & this picture does not do it justice at all. It is a gorgeous card!!!
ReplyDeletewow! I am going to have to try this.
ReplyDeleteWow -- love to brayer and love this card. Can't wait to try it out.
ReplyDelete