Friday, August 20, 2010

Medallion

Presented By Nancy Keithley~ Card idea CASED from a wonderful stamper, but as I did not save the name with her card, I’ve no idea who…. Name it and claim it if it’s yours


1. Cut So Saffron 12x12 cardstock at 5.25 x11. Score at 1.5 inches and then at 6.75 (which is 5.25 from the first score), which will make a square card 5.25x5.25. The top flap (the part after the second score) will slide under the 1.5 inch scored piece when finished to make a matchbook style card. Staple 1.5 inch scored piece near bottom. I covered my staples with Sentiment piece.

2. Cut a piece of Marina Mist (translating a retired color into a current one ) 3.5x5. Stamp with the Sanded background stamp (Marina Mist).

3. Cut another piece of Marina Mist to 1.25x5, stamp sentiment (Heard from the Heart, p 156) in Marina Mist.

4. Using the Medallion BG stamp, sponge So Saffron in the center (use a dauber or sponge), then Daffodil Delight (see picture), then Marina Mist around outside as shown.

5. (Clean and) Stamp the Medallion BG again in Marina Mist, close to the edge, and punch out the center with the Scallop Circle Punch. Then, clean and stamp again in Saffron and punch with ½ in circle punch (this card uses the Wanted set for the center – again, I’m translating it into current product  )

6. Cut out Medallion base with the Big Shot and Scallop Circle. I placed this by cutting a piece of typing paper to the size of the sizzix die, then cut it with the die. Then I used the negative to place my stamping on the die and taped it in place with blue painter’s tape and cut. Once cut, sponge So Saffron around the edge of the scallop.

7. Adhere the two center pieces, then attach the top small piece with Dimensionals.

8. Tie a piece of 5/8 White Organza ribbon around the Sanded stamped Marina Mist piece and adhere to Saffron base. Adhere Medallion assembly. Adhere Sentiment to bottom flap.

9. Stamp desired sentiment inside.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I had no idea how labor intensive your card was!!! Pictures sometimes do not capture the intensity of a project. Beautiful Job on this card. Thanks for the instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete