Supplies needed:
Card stock front 4 x 5 ¼ inches in a color that coordinated with the designer series paper you have chosen to use
4 strips each of 4 or 5 coordinating DSP trimmed to ½ x 4 inches
1 small punched (or cut) square, this can be any size but should be small to showcase the quilt technique which will surround it. I use a square about 1 ½ inches in size
Adhesive – Xyron makes this easiest but it can be done with snail, double sided tape, sticky sheets, etc this adhesive will cover the entire surface of your card front so it needs to be smooth and flat.
Misc – pencil, ruler, scissors, stamp and ink to decorate center square
Step 1:
Find exact center of card stock front by drawing vertical and horizontal lines that intersect. This is where the ruler comes in handy.
Step 2:
If using Xyron, place line side down and run through the machine
All other adhesives – cover the card stock front (over top of the lines) completely with adhesive
Optional – stamp center square now
Step 3:
Adhere small square with each point meeting one of the lines you’ve drawn.
Step 4:
Choose your first DSP strips, this is the design you will see the most of on your card so make sure its your favorite. Line up the edge of the first strip of DSP to the square leaving NO gaps (it should be tight against the square)
Continue around the square using the remaining 3 strips of the SAME DSP
Once all 4 pieces of DSP are down the card front should look like the photo above. I prefer to trim the ends as I go, you can do this now or at the end, it’s your choice. If you trim now I find it easiest to flip the card front over so you can see the edge, trim away the excess right up to the edge of the card front.
Step 5:
Choose your second set of DSP strips and place TIGHTLY around the first row for all 4 pieces.
Step 6:
Choose third set of DSP strips and continue process until you have covered the entire surface of the card front.
Once all of the surface is covered your card front is done, embellish as desired and mat onto a card. I like to use a punched medallion over top of the square.
Variations – the size of the DSP strips you cut, as long as each row is the same it will work. Try cutting some strips ½ in wide and others ¼ inch wide just make sure that each “row” of 4 is the same size.
Instead of the diagonal look, mount your center square in the card and continue out vertically and horizontally from the square.
The one above is done in straight lines and it’s embellished with a medallion etc.











I always wondered how they did that.Thanks I think I will try it!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial! This is amazing.
ReplyDelete