Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Make and Take, I Think You're Pretty Swell

"I Think You're Pretty Swell"
That statement and old cameras go together, reminding me of my childhood.


Supplies:

Stamps - Big On You
Ink -  Memento Tuxedo Black*
Cardstock - Whisper White. Basic Black, Flashback DSP
Accessories - 6-1/2" Daffodil Delight seam binding ribbon

* I had just reinked my ink pad and didn't want to wait for it to soak in well, so when I stamped my sentiment there were little white patchy spots on the thick black line.  I decided that this gave my card a more vintage look.  

  1.   Cut Whisper White cardstock to make the standard card of 5-1/2" x  4-1/4"
  2.   Cut Basic Black layer,  5-3/8" x 4-1/8";  using Stampin' Distress Tool, distress edges of layer.
  3.   Cut Flashback DSP layer to 5-1/4" x 4".
  4.   Stamp sentiment on blue layer of DSP; trim to 3-1/4" x 3-3/8", then carefully distress.  
  5.   Punch star out of blue layer and adhere scrap piece behind it;  adhere to 3-3/8" x 3-1/2" basic   black distressed layer.
  6.   Tie each end of the ribbon, maneuvering the knots to the right place;  trim ends, adhere.
  7.   Layer sentiment over part of the ribbon and  adhere with dimensionals.
  8.   Step it up by black embossing the sentiment.          
You can see more cards at Elizabeth's Stamp Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment