I decided not to do this for my Behind the Scenes swap so thought maybe someone might like to try it. I know we have lots and lots of embossing folders, but I still like to do some of the oldies sometimes ...
Masking Tape Technique
Cut a piece of cardstock smaller than your background cardstock, depending on how many layers you want behind it. Tear small pieces of masking tape and place all over your smaller piece of cardstock. I like to place the edge (straight cut) pieces on the edge of my c/s and cover with little pieces so I don't have to trim the edge, but no big deal. You don't have to cover the entire piece if you are putting an image on top.
Rub ink pad over tape, making it as dark as you want. Cover your tape with Iridescent Ice Embossing Power and heat set with heat tool. If you don't do this right away, you may need to apply Versamark but I have never had to do this. Finish card as desired by layering with stamped image, sentiment, etc. I found it best to use Sticky Tape on the tape/embossed surface.


What a great idea Shirley!
ReplyDelete