Home page art provided by the very talented Michelle McCarthy!
Wish Big Card
Supplies:
Mixed bunch stamp set
Word play stamp set
Blossom punch
Scallop trim border punch
1" circle punch
3/4" circle punch
Scallop dots ribbon
Patterned paper stack
Turquoise CS
Pumpkin pie CS
Black CS
Inks and dimensional
Most of the card is easy and obvious to do. The one little twist is the patterned paper was cut in rectangle (in this case 3.75 x 5). Cut slit in middle of paper and fold back to corners. Easy!
Supplies:
Blossom punch
1-3/8 circle punch
3/4 circle punch
Small heart punch
Owl builder punch
Chevron folder
More mustard CS
Black CS
So saffron CS
Always artichoke CS
Delightful dozen stamp set
Black ink pad
dimensions
Black marker
More mustard ink
So saffron ink
Build lions head as shown. With the blossom punch and the larger circles for face, cheeks, and mane, distress edges with ink and sponges. Build the face and use the marker for the pupils and whiskers.
The background: use so saffron ink pad and run on the top side of the embossed folder place your card stock and run through the big shot.
For the word mat: cut your artichoke CS a couple inches larger than the word mat. Cut to simulate "grass". Place lion head down and then crunch "grass" down for desired look.
Please leave a message by 10pm Central on Sunday 8/19 for Michelle's projects to earn a chance to win a random drawing from Mocha's prize vaolt!
Now grab a beverage and enjoy our tour!
(Official kickoff is Saturday Aug 18th 10AM Eastern/9 Central/8 Mountain/7 Pacific)
01
|
|
02
|
|
03
|
|
04
|
|
05
|
|
06
|
|
07
|
|
08
|
Must Love Stamping (Unexpected missing; continue at Pedstamper's Stamping Tree House)
|
09
|
|
10
|
|
11
|
|
12
|
|
13
|
|
14
|
|
15
|
|
16
|
|
17
|
|
18
|


great cards!
ReplyDeleteThese are great and so special. TFS
ReplyDeleteCarey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)
I love the idea of the slit & folded back dsp for the sentiment. Also love that grass idea on the mat & cute lil' lion. tfs
ReplyDeleteEk
Love the color combination of Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie and your lion is so cute and fun. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards.
ReplyDeleteTricia Butts
I just adore that first card. Great fold. Thanks for much for sharing it! I will be casing soon!
ReplyDeleteGreat cards ... thanx for sharing! The fold on the first card sure adds an extra point of interest -- and i love your lion punch card - using my punches is right up there with my Mr Big Shot for fun, fun, fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards. I'm so making that lion.
ReplyDeleteJune Reister
What a great start to our last Blog Hop. I just love the Lion, thanks for sharing your awesome talent.
ReplyDeleteNow I know I am in for an adventure ! Your projects just set the pace for our final Blog Hop! You did good!
ReplyDeleteThese cards are great! I espescially like the lion punch card.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone, they were fun to do. My stamp camp attendees loved them too. ;) Michelle MC
Well these are certainly wonderful but I can not figure out how to go to the next blog. Quite annoying.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Love the color combo on the flower cards, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing both these awesome cards. The little lionhead is just adorable and I, like all the others, am fascinated with that DSP fold on the first card. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteVery Cute! TFS
ReplyDeleteummmm....where do I click for the next blog/
What an adorable lion! And I love the fold. Thanks for the great instructions!
ReplyDelete