Saturday, July 21, 2012

2012 - Hop3 - Hostess Gifts and Non-Card Items

Welcome to our 3rd hop of the VC Rocks 2012 Summer Season!!!   While several demonstrators have converged upon Salt Lake City for Convention this week, many others are at home and have cooked up a great blog hop for you featuring hostess gifts and non-card items.


Our home page artist is Michelle McCarthy...
I hold a stamping purchase club and at the end of a six month period commitment on their part I hold a special free class for those participants.  This June, this is the project I created for them.





Five sided petal box (special purchase)
Four seasons hostess stamp set
Just believe stamp set
Various colored stampin up inks
Various ribbons
Card stock for inside of box
Wooden dowel
Thumb tack
Sponges

It's a special five sided box that was made into a carousel.  The outside panels were cut away then a special "inside" was made by creating a five triangles circle around a wooden dowel.  That was placed in the center and attached to the bottom of the box woth a self made paper washer on the inside and a long tack through the box on the bottom. From the top and when the box was finished off woth some ribbons, the dowel will turn....like a carousel!

This picture is my sample.  I let each stamp camper choose their own colors an they all turned put so cute!  A project that went over oh so well!

Please leave some happy comments for Michelle, our home page artist, by 10pm Sunday 7/22 and the ever generous (and pretty darn cute) Mocha will announce a blog candy winner on Loni's Life on Monday :)



Now to send you onwards to 17 more fabulous blogs... enjoy!!!
 (Official kickoff is at 10AM Eastern/9 Central/8 Mountain/7 Pacific)


8 My Little Patch of Dirt (Yikes, our short hop has some of our bloggers really boggled as this one is missing; so continue on at Something to Scrap About) 

11 Artful Imagination (Monkeys attacked, so no project here, continue at Stamper Shirley's)


16 All Hands and Heart (Sorry, techno gremlins attacked; ChrisAnn is at convention and her tablet is not letting her post an update.  So hop on to the final stop at Loni's Life where I know Mocha is offering a chance to win some blog candy)


Tune in next month for for our final 2012 hop, August 18th-19th featuring Punch Art, Big Shot, and Simply Scored projects! 

14 comments:

  1. wow this project is cute! Can we get some more info on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is gorgeous! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing project! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, that's stunning. I love the colours and the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your box is awesome and amazing. I love the colors, very vintage looking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Michelle, this is beautiful, I would love to see what your customers made as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute project.....now it time for you to do a blog,,,,thanks for hopping with us Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Michelle. I love this project! First time I have seen one like this! Very nice. TFS!

    Cindy Ferenz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that project. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now please do a class on it.

    Carey and Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it- this is gorgeous and will be trying this soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely beautiful work of art. I bet your customers loved this an awful lot. Any chance on directions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ladies of the Blog tour,
    Wonderful ideas and many new ideas for me to CASE :).
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your creativity with all the rest of us.

    Marsha W.
    bestprepgirl@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladies of the Blog tour,
    Wonderful ideas and many new ideas for me to CASE :).
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your creativity with all the rest of us.

    Marsha W.
    bestprepgirl@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete