From Shirley Northey, please enjoy these Shadow Box card Make and Takes!
Shadow Box Card
I love to make these and everyone seems to enjoy getting them, guess because they are different .... and it folds flat for mailing!
Supplies:
Cut 1: background (white, vanilla) - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Cut 1: front piece - 5 1/4" x 5 1/2 "
scraps
Stamps, sticky tape, embellishments
Score larger piece on the 5 1/4" side at 1/2" and 1" on both sides. Cut oval out of center - can be as big or small as you want, but mine has 3/4" on top and bottom and centered (1 3/8" on each side from the 1" score line. I used the coluzzle but you can use whatever you want (my oval cut-out is about 3 7/8" x 2 3/8".
Stamp the background as desired and stamp some extra pieces to cut out and attach to front.
For the flower one, I used Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Vanilla C/S, Inspired by Nature, Oval All and Itty Bitty Bits stamp sets, and Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, and Peach Parfait inks.
For the train card, I used Wild Wasabi and Vanilla C/S, Choo Choo, Teddy and Train and God's Blessings stamp sets, Right on Track wheel and Red, Wild Wasabi and Pacific Point ink.
The other sample uses the old Unfrogettable set - still love that set!! I made it a while ago but it is still my fave shadow box card - maybe because it was my first one.
Add embellishments as desired - I used the movable eyes and diamond dust after coloring the images.
Fold on scored lines and attach outside 1/2" piece to back piece with sticky tape - looks like a shadow box!! I've seen this card called other names but SCS has a tutorial by Dawn Griffith under Shadow Box Cards.
Can't wait to see what you make!
I love to make these and everyone seems to enjoy getting them, guess because they are different .... and it folds flat for mailing!
Supplies:
Cut 1: background (white, vanilla) - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Cut 1: front piece - 5 1/4" x 5 1/2 "
scraps
Stamps, sticky tape, embellishments
Score larger piece on the 5 1/4" side at 1/2" and 1" on both sides. Cut oval out of center - can be as big or small as you want, but mine has 3/4" on top and bottom and centered (1 3/8" on each side from the 1" score line. I used the coluzzle but you can use whatever you want (my oval cut-out is about 3 7/8" x 2 3/8".
Stamp the background as desired and stamp some extra pieces to cut out and attach to front.
For the flower one, I used Melon Mambo, Marina Mist and Vanilla C/S, Inspired by Nature, Oval All and Itty Bitty Bits stamp sets, and Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, and Peach Parfait inks.
For the train card, I used Wild Wasabi and Vanilla C/S, Choo Choo, Teddy and Train and God's Blessings stamp sets, Right on Track wheel and Red, Wild Wasabi and Pacific Point ink.
The other sample uses the old Unfrogettable set - still love that set!! I made it a while ago but it is still my fave shadow box card - maybe because it was my first one.
Add embellishments as desired - I used the movable eyes and diamond dust after coloring the images.
Fold on scored lines and attach outside 1/2" piece to back piece with sticky tape - looks like a shadow box!! I've seen this card called other names but SCS has a tutorial by Dawn Griffith under Shadow Box Cards.
Can't wait to see what you make!
These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWow Shirley, these are great. Thanks for the directions.
ReplyDelete