Here's a picture of Brenda with her Sweet Angelic. A great Siberian Husky that she had for 14 years. Sweet Angelic went onto the happy hunting grounds last VC Rocks Season (along with several other Rocker Fur Babies). It is for that reason that this year's VC Rocks Charity of Choice is the Humane Society of the United States.
![]() |
| Brenda with Sweet Angelic |
Brenda's Stamping Story:
My BFF, Diana, sent me several cards throughout one year and I ended up buying a stamp set or two to play with. THEN, my DH and I made a trip home when his father was ill and my BFF held a workshop so I could come play -- we made cards, and more cards, and more cards. Learned a few techniques and before I left I handed her a check and said, "How do I sign up?" She had me hooked. Of course, this is the same BFF that got me hooked on scrapbooking, lol. I've never looked back and have never regretted becoming a part of the SU Family. (Now my DH might have other views -- but he indulges me, LOL!)
My best buddy, my Big Sis Jackie, introduced me into blogging last year during VC Rocks. I now share (probably too much) my stamping life (with a little personal stuff thrown in now and then) with friends, family, VC Rockers and customers. I try to expand my stamping knowledge and love to participate in Blog Hops and visit other stampers' blogs to share in their ingenuity and creativeness.
What was your first Stampin' Up stamp set?
I don't remember the name, but I can see it clearly -- it was from a Summer Mini in 2002 and had a tree in it and I believe a little girl. I finally sold it in a yard sale last year -- had to pry it out of my hands, lol.
What is your favorite current Stampin’ Up! stamp set?
Since the Summer Mini has come out, I would say -- The Open Sea
What is your favorite current Stampin' Up color combo?
Early Espresso and Crumb Cake, but I like them all.
Tell us a little about your stamping area or routine?
I have a room all to myself (easy to do when there is just DH and me) where I have lots of shelving and can spread out. I work off a card table unless I need a hard surface, then my wooden table is just a twist (of the chair) away and I'm ready to go. I try to stamp every day, but that doesn't always work out. Right now I am stamping a lot to send cards to my MIL who has Alzheimers (and recently broke her hip) to help cheer her up. I also send cards to a grade school friend's father who has dementia to help cheer him up. I participate in a bulk buy group and enjoy purchasing new items and trying them out -- to broaden my horizons and get out of my very compact box.
What tips do you have for our Rookie Rockers (arriving May 1st)
Relax and enjoy! VC Rocks can be overwhelming to the uninitiated, but my advice would be to not over extend yourself. Join in where you can, but don't feel like you have TO DO everything. It will all fall into place and this is a great group of ladies who will help you along the way.
Why do you recommend VC Rocks to other Stampers/ What is your FAVORITE part of VC Rocks? Camaraderie first. Second -- friendships. Third -- knowledge, there is so much knowledge here and everyone is so willing to share theirs, it is like having a zillion sisters but not having to share the bathroom with them.







You Rock SIS!!!
ReplyDeleteA zillion sister without sharing the bathroom? I am so glad I had no beverage in my mouth when I read that!
ReplyDeleteI never had a sister - guess I do now, a zillion of them.