Boxes Made Easy By Patrice Herrera
Ever wonder how the ladies on line make such great boxes? Thought you could never do that! Well I did too. So, one day I decided I would just sit down and give it a go. I gathered several small boxes from around the house took out the contents and dismantled the boxes ever so carefully. I laid them out flat and made a template of the box. I use a regular black ink pen to trace the box. I find the black ink photocopies well. Sounds easy so far right! Then I make a few photocopies of the template on card stock so I can practice making the box. I find that card stock holds up better when making the practice box much better than copy paper. I make several copies because I find sometimes I have to tweak the template a bit before I am totally satisfied with the box.
Secure box where the manufacturer originally did for optimum hold with adhesive of your choice. I prefer Sticky Strip for my boxes.
Sample #1 - Dell Ink Box - 2 photos
When you make your photocopies remember to make dashes ------ for fold lines and a solid lines ______ for cut lines. I always keep a sample of the cut template for my files to use later on. When I have cut a final copy to use as the box I use a pencil and lightly draw the fold line dashes as the pencil can be erased prior to taping the completed box.
Sample #2 - Party Lite Box - 3 photos
If your box turns out to be a bit larger than a regular 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock do not worry. This happens a lot of the time. I simply make an add on piece and place it on the 8 ½ sheet of card stock as a reminder to use later or I make the template on a 12 x 12 piece of CS and go to a Copy Center to make the template and use a 12 x 12 piece of CS to make my box. I usually cover my box with DSP so the add on doesn’t show. Easy fix either way.
Sample #3 - Misc Box-
If you have additional questions or comments please feel free to contact me at trygod20@verizon.net
Now that you know how to make gift boxes the “Easy Peasy” way have fun making your own custom boxes. Embellish as your wish & send me a photo copy of what you have created OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment